Sunday, January 29, 2012

The first step is the hardest....

I sat staring at the long path ahead of me, shivering from the fear that ran up my spine. The hairs on the back of my neck began to stand up. The pounding I had become so accustom to began to sear through my head again. What was I afraid of? Why had I let fear take so much power away from myself? Why did only negative thoughts cross my train of thought? I sat, in the cold wet snow. Was I ready for this journey? Could I possible make it through the winding trails, deep snow patches, frozen rivers, gigantic mountains and the predators waiting for blood shed? I had no choice. This was a decision I had made long ago that I would take charge of my life and venture out into the world. No longer was the security and comfort enough to keep me at bay. For what is life without adventure? Experience and knowledge can not be gained simply from one stage in life. We must journey forth and discover ourselves.

With all my strength and power, I stood up and fluttered the snow around my foot. Exhaling a deep relieving sigh, looking up focusing down the trail, only to find the snow blinding and obscuring my view. Looking back down at my feet, which to my displeasure would not move. Focusing my mind and body, I feel my right foot lift and extend in front of my body. The first step, I had taken the first step. My life had truly begun from this point on. I was ready to start my journey, a smile came to my face, the first smile in a very long time. Warmth surrounded the inside of my chest, a feeling that I had not felt in so long that I had forgotten the comfort of happiness. The sound of the crushing snow underneath my foot sent a jolt of excitement through my body. It was time to move forward.....



No comments:

Post a Comment